Call 01268 553488
Welcome to the latest news page from Bardfield Academy. Keep up to date with what is happening in and around the school.
- The National Bullying Survey conducted in 2016 found the following:
- 50% of young people were bullied about how they looked
- 81% of young people were called horrible names by others
- 55% of young people were left out by their friends
No-one ever knows the struggles people are going through inside and we believe that a simple act of kindness can help a person feel empowered to stand up to bullying. We are encouraging everyone to get involved in choosing kindness and be the reason to make someone smile.
Choose Kindness top tips;
Choosing kindness doesn’t cost anything but can help someone enormously. We all have choices to make, do you choose kindness?
- Choose kindness, as you never know what someone else is going through
- Saying something nice can bring a smile to someone’s face
- Acts of kindness will never come back to hurt you and is never wasted on someone
- Being mean and hurting others can hurt someone very deeply, think twice about what you say or do
- Acts of kindness are good for you- they release oxytocin which lowers our blood pressure
- Being kind can help others feel happy and confident
Here are some video’s you can share with your children at home to help discuss bullying and help to bring about change.
Key Stage One
Anti-Bullying KS1 | Celebrating Difference & Being a Good Friend
Key Stage Two
Being a Bully: Ariana’s Story
Being Bullied: Jake’s story
Bardfield Academy’s Behaviour and Anti Bullying Policy
Top Tips for Parent
What is Bullying? Click here