Call 01268 553488
Welcome to the latest news page from Bardfield Academy. Keep up to date with what is happening in and around the school.
Coffee Morning – 14th February 2020 – 9 am – 10 am in the Music Studio.
100% Attendance Winners for the Autumn Term 2019 enjoyed a fantastic Magic Show click here to view the photos.
- The National Bullying Survey conducted in 2016 found the following:
- 50% of young people were bullied about how they looked
- 81% of young people were called horrible names by others
- 55% of young people were left out by their friends
No-one ever knows the struggles people are going through inside and we believe that a simple act of kindness can help a person feel empowered to stand up to bullying. We are encouraging everyone to get involved in choosing kindness and be the reason to make someone smile.
Choose Kindness top tips;
Choosing kindness doesn’t cost anything but can help someone enormously. We all have choices to make, do you choose kindness?
- Choose kindness, as you never know what someone else is going through
- Saying something nice can bring a smile to someone’s face
- Acts of kindness will never come back to hurt you and is never wasted on someone
- Being mean and hurting others can hurt someone very deeply, think twice about what you say or do
- Acts of kindness are good for you- they release oxytocin which lowers our blood pressure
- Being kind can help others feel happy and confident
Here are some video’s you can share with your children at home to help discuss bullying and help to bring about change.
Key Stage One
Anti-Bullying KS1 | Celebrating Difference & Being a Good Friend
Key Stage Two
Being a Bully: Ariana’s Story
Being Bullied: Jake’s story
Bardfield Academy’s Behaviour and Anti Bullying Policy
Top Tips for Parent
What is Bullying? Click here
NEW* BARDFIELD THINK TANK (Parent Consultative Group) – Do you have some good ideas to help Bardfield grow, to become even better? Join our informal Think Tank to put forward your ideas over a cup of tea or coffee. More details can be found here.
We have some sports fixtures coming up, check the letters page or the sports page for details.
Please continue to check our Special Events page for photos and news of any of our special events in school – Latest event news – Spelling and Grammar competition where we did fantastically well! Click here.
Our new Support for Parents page has details of the many support groups we have on offer. We also have links to many sites that can also offer support for you and your child, click here to find out more. Our office staff are always happy if you have any further queries. Times and dates are now on the Parent calendar too.
Our clubs for this term are up and running, check for what’s available on specific days on the clubs page here.
Current School Meal Menu – click here
GREAT NEWS – we have gained another award – The Enhanced Healthy Schools Award! Go Bardfield!
…..And yet another award: The Primary Science Quality Mark – Well done everyone!